Online registration for the SES Spelling Bee is now open!
First- through fifth-grade participants register by October 27th here:
We will have TWO spelling bees: a mini bee for 1st and 2nd graders and a big bee for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.
All students registered for the SES Spelling Bee will take a written 20-word qualification test administered by their teacher or a volunteer during the week of October 30th. For mini bee participants, this test will cover words from their grade level and the one grade level above their grade. For Big Bee participants, this test will cover words from one and two grade levels above their grade.
The top spellers on the written test from each grade will be announced by November 9th and will advance to the SES Spelling Bee, which will be held IN PERSON in December on the stage in the multi-purpose room. In December, the mini bee will cover words from all grade levels. The winners of the mini bee will be invited to participate in the regular bee, which will cover words from grade 3 and up.
The winner of the SES Spelling Bee will have the opportunity to compete in the King and Snohomish County Regional Spelling Bee in Seattle in March!
For complete rules adopted from Scripps National Bee please click below:
- Registration due – October 27th
- 20-word written qualification test will be administered between October 30th and November 3rd.
- 1st and 2nd grade students are tested on words at their grade level and one level above
- 3rd – 5th grade students are tested on words one and two grade levels above their grade
- Qualifying students announced – by November 9th
- SES Spelling Bee will be held in person.
- December 5th 2023 for Grades 1 and 2.
- December 7th 2023 for Grades 3, 4, and 5.
- Regional Spelling Bee – March 31st 2024
For questions, please reach out to our SES Spelling Bee Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org